Due a migration I discovered a continues falling back to the local Exchange server. Disabling the Exchange services wasn’t enough so here the info I used to get it sorted.
IIS App Pool for Autodiscover
You will want to disable the Autodiscover App pool in IIS on your Exchange 2007 server. Launch IIS
Click into “Application Pools.”
Right click on “MSExchangeAutodiscoverAppPool” and click “Stop.”
I also recommend right clicking on it and setting “Start Automatically” to False. Just in case you have to reboot your server.
Redirecting to Intermedia Autodiscover server in IIS
If a password prompt for the old server pops up and the Test Email Autoconfiguration utility shows the local server’s URLs, that means the Autodiscover settings were pulled directly from AD. To fix that, navigate to IIS manager > Default Web Site > Autodiscover > Properties (or IIS manager > Default Web Site > Autodiscover > HTTP Redirect) and set the page to redirect to https://ExchangeProxyServer/autodiscover (you can try https://ExchangeProxyServer/autodiscover/autodiscover.aspx as well).
Remove Exchange 2007 autodiscover from AD
Delete the SCP record using ADSI edit: Login to a server running AD and open ADSI edit. Expand down until you get to CN=Autodiscover and then delete the object that is of type serviceConnectionPoint. You may have to delete it on multiple servers depending on the architecture of your Active Directory.
ADSI path: CN=Autodiscover,CN=Protocols,CN=<CASServer>,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services
Have you published the same AutoDiscoverServiceInterna
Change DNS server records / add record for autodiscover
Delete internal DNS record related to Autodiscover: autodiscover.domain.com and mail.domain.com
- Open the DNS manager on one of your Domain Controllers.
- Expand out the management tree until you can see your Internal Domain’s Forward Lookup Zone. Click on it, and make sure there are no A records for autodiscover.domain.local in the zone.
- Once no autodiscover A records exist, right click the Zone name and select Other New Records.
- Select Service Location (SRV) from the list.
- Enter the settings as shown below:
- Hit OK to finish adding the record.